You probably know that Thomas Jefferson and John Adams both died on July 4, 1826, exactly 50 years after the declaration of independence. Medicine has lost two similar giants E. Donnall Thomas (20 October) and Joseph Murray (today) at 92 and 93. They developed organ transplantation, and received a well deserved Nobel in 1990. I had the pleasure of seeing neurological consults for his son, Don Thomas, GP of Lewistown Montana back in the 70s. The amount of prolonged active life we owe to transplantation medicine is incredible. RIP.
- Aargh ! Big pharma sheds chemists. Why?
- Anslyn & Doughterty
- Chaotic attractor
- Chemistry (relatively pure)
- Clayden's Book
- Climate (be civil ! )
- Linear Algebra Survival Guide for Quantum Mechanics
- Medicine in general
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Biology Survival Guide
- Neurology & Psychiatry
- Philosophical issues raised
- Pre-meds need to pass orgo
- Quantum Mechanics
- Social issues ( be civil ! )
- The cell nucleus on a human scale
- Theological implications of simple chmistry
- What this blog is about
- Willock: "Molecular Symmetry"